Tough And Lengthy
Whilst there does not exist something like a free rehabilitation, places funded by the government are from time to time made available to those who need serious support and exhibit adequate enthusiasm to achieve success. There are unfortunately a lot of hoops to jump through while funding is very limited.
For you to get into this option you are expected to go through a community treatment program before proceeding into rehab. It is ensured that you're sufficiently stable in your alcohol/drug use before being referred to rehab and to test your willingness and motivation to succeed.
Recognizing that acceptance is not immediate and there is a long and complicated process to deal with is very important. As will be demonstrated here, you are required to go through a number of interviews and a lot of patience is needed.
We are happy to help you find rehab services in your local area while Port of Call is not able to expedite this process.
The Process Of Getting Into NHS Rehab
- You are required to adhere to stringent and thorough procedures which can entail great dedication and willpower.
- Although procedures may differ depending on your area of location but it's more or less the same for most offering the same services
- The first thing is to schedule a meeting with your local alcohol or drug service
- You'll be given a key worker who'll complete a preliminary evaluation of your suitability for rehabilitation and to find out if you require a detoxification
- A local authority social services care manager or a local drugs service will assess you that is a community care assessment to find out whether you meet the local authority's eligibility criteria for residential treatment or not
- The rehab facility also requires you to sit for an interview with them so as to assess you before they can accept you
- The regional authority as well as drug service will then try to obtain financial support for your rehab centre
- In the case that detoxification is first required, your keyworker will guide you on appropriate possibilities and timescale and your detoxification preparations will be organised with the commencement date for your rehabilitation
- You will go to rehab once the funding arrangements and start dates are finalized and detox if required, has been completed.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Zero-Cost NHS Outpatient Programme
There are numerous services offered at NHS for people with an alcohol or substance misuse problem.