What Is Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The objective of holistic recovery is to bring the mind, body and the spirit into an alignment.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic systems of treatment include customer-specific, non-medicinal programs to overcome addiction. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
Patients recovering from addiction may experience sleeplessness, poor nutrition and stressful feelings - all those aspects successfully overcome with the help of holistic therapy. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Overcoming the desire to use the drugs
- Promoting physical fitness
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
The main practices involve
- Nutritional Therapy
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- Active recreations in centres may be different , but many of them include canoeing, mountaineering, horse riding and walking.
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- Supervised meditation is an integral section of most holistic plans for addiction treatment.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically supervised detox
- Medical attention
- Private psychiatric counselling
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
A number of drug rehab centres offer holistic therapy as part of their inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapse can sometimes be easily avoided if a person knows how to deal with emotional problems.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 772 3971.