Defining Experimential Therapy
Some recuperating addicts feel uncomfortable working through their issues in a conventional therapy setting. To approach to the treatment in a different way, many choose the experimental therapy.
Experimential therapies are hands-on, connecting with exercises that help recouping addicts process and adapt to past injury.
Conventional therapy settings may not be enough to get some recovering drug users to open up. In experimential therapy, the patient is instead taken to a place in which they may feel more comfortable.
Exploratory treatment utilises open minded therapy environments to aid users deal with suppressed sentiments and reactions.
Usual exploratory treatments involve
- High or low elements courses
- Therapy via music
- Wilderness walks
- Game therapy
- Adventure therapy
Experimential therapy is intended to help those in recuperation build up a more grounded feeling of self by grappling with covered feelings and past injuries. Through experimential therapy, a recouping someone who is addicted can figure out how to confront these issues without swinging to drugs for an escape.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. Experimential therapy can instruct recouping addicts how to adapt to ordinary stressors like desires and substance mishandle triggers.
Many mental health problems that may be hiding behind the addiction can also be treated with the help of experimential therapy. It is essential to treat these disorders besides the addiction because it can decrease the mental health-related stress and triggers, which can include the likelihoods of relapse.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Experimential Therapy
Throughout the stretch of an exploratory treatment, counsellors lead recuperating users via various therapeutic activities , custom made to their particular therapeutic necessities.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
Co-happening mental disarranged experimential therapy treats include
- Intense sadness
- Anxiety attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating issues
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Other Cures And Experimential Treatment
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. These exercises let recuperating users use the life skills they have learnt throughout therapy meetings in actual, direct settings.
A proper medical detox is the first step at the moment of quitting any drug, to prevent the hard symptoms of this process. When going through detox there are the alternatives to inpatient and outpatient treatments to make easier this whole process. To offer the best quitting method to an addict, the combination of several treatments with experimential therapy is typical used.
Experimential therapy is quite often used along with traditional techniques of rehab and helps to create a comprehensive treatment program for the recovering addicts.
Experimential Therapy Common Techniques Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine assisted psychotherapy [EAP] includes the use of horses during the exercises for therapeutic recovery.
- Patients are not required to ride the horses during EAP. However, they will groom, feed, harness and walk the horses throughout the session.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- EAP can help recouping addicts prepare negative emotions or injuries they may not generally perceive or address.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation And Reprocessing [EMDR]
- The EMDR therapy requires patients to visualise a traumatic event even as a therapist leads them through specific eye movements.
- With the help of EMDR, many patients have successfully dealt with negative feelings that usually lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, camping and hiking can all be part of this therapy.
- Recovering drug users can develop skills on working with others, solving problems and communication while in the groups provided in adventure therapy.
- Artistic Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Other substance rehabilitation facilities are experts in exploratory treatments, having mountain climbing walls, workshops, as well as obstacle courses within their areas. Treatment focuses the nation over have the medicinal and helpful assets you have to defeat sedate dependence call us on 0800 772 3971.