Getting Counselling For Addiction
There are various steps you can take to gain victory over your dependence on drugs and form a plan to maintain sobriety. No one understands your drug or alcohol addiction, is a time tested truth the addicted knows. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
Please get in touch with us through our phone line 0800 772 3971 to get a deserving advisory opinion regarding your addiction problem.
Addiction therapist plays a key function in speeding up the healing process of patients; this is why they are very significant in this treatment program.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
Knowing what is responsible for your dependency on a drug allows you to begin developing situations which result in long-term sobriety with the help from a well-trained counsellor.
Both inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend densely on the use of addiction counselling, which appear in individual or group plans.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
The work of Addiction Counsellor include
- Educates and supports the patient throughout the recovery.
- Carry out on one to one therapy assessment sessions to identify cause of addiction.
- Managed periodic drug examinations.
- Specialised treatment plans formed from individual needs.
- Educate patients on post-rehab care and provide information about them.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Good Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
The counsellor should be able to build rapport with the patient in order to get full cooperation and trust of the patient.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. The degree of openness allows the counsellor to learn the contributing factors of the addiction and other latent issues. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Treatment and analysis can be conducted by any professional addiction adviser. Effective counsellors give full commitment and support for the recovery of the patient.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Nature of facility determining type of treatment include
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- A therapist can assist an abuser to discover stimulants that inspires addiction and also devise ways of treating it, this can be achieved using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- Additionally, DBT will make your communication ability and self-image better, which can support people with conditions like Borderline Personality Disorder and eating disorders.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- Focusing on specific addiction treatment identifies trigger points, to take control of stress reactions through deep relaxation techniques.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic therapies
- Thorough treatment program enable patients to conduct self-examination by themselves thereby understanding how to adapt with their situation, regarding the traditional therapy measure.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- If you're looking for different holistic therapy techniques for addiction treatment, identify a suitable form from yoga, art, equine therapy.
Well-known rehab centres offer supplemental therapies to patients in order to effectively manage their way to full recovery.
Is Addiction Counselling Necessary For Me
It can be attractive to consider that you don't need to go over the work and energy needed for addiction counselling.
However, with trust on the counsellor and the commitment to getting well are things that you need to do to enable the treatment program to work for your full recovery.