FAQs Regarding Addiction Rehabilitation
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. Numerous people stress over how the addiction recovery process will influence their lives, the obscure can be alarming. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
A recovery programme is customised to meet the requirements of each patient. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detoxification A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After detox, rehab continues with behavioural therapy. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. But, it is a known fact that others require 60, 90 or even more days of continuous therapy as inpatients for more consistent and lasting results that aims towards a steady recovery journey. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
A lot of successful treatment programs will have their own follow up care or will work with patients to figure out the best aftercare plan before leaving treatment in order to support the best chance at long term recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
Addiction rehab programmes can differ significantly when it comes to cost. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. Outpatient treatment programmes differ in what they offer - including very structured, in-depth outpatient programmes, weekly group and one-on-one counselling sessions, and support group meetings at no charge.
Among the things that can alter the charges of rehab are
- Facilities available - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- How long the program is - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Geographical Area - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. If the facility is far from home, travel expenses will also need to be considered.
- The Nature of Programme - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- The substance's cost
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal fines
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Can Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. It is wise to confirm with the service before you commit yourself for the programme as some insurance covers only cater for only part of the cost of accommodation or medication.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
In the event that you pick outpatient treatment, you may wish to select an office nearer to home so you don't need to go far every day. A close by rehab centre can help you strike a meeting point between your home chores and treatment programs to avoid much stress on you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
There is a difference between outpatient and inpatient facilities - including how intense the treatment is, the costs, support system offered during healing, and the entire environment.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Those with long-standing or extreme addictions, dependences to different substances or with prevailing medical and psychological health conditions frequently look for an inpatient recovery centre for treatment. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Addicted patients visit the treatment facility for treatment, counselling, therapy and return home after every session. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
Outpatient services may differ. Some include throughout the day sessions, while others may just treat patients for 60 minutes or two a day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
Contact us at 0800 772 3971 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. Let our recovery arrangement agent's answer any inquiries you may have with a specific end goal to help you choose what sort of fixation recovery office bodes well for you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. Your supervisor may already have a clue you are struggling with addiction. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
To use a substance whilst on the job is a legal reason for dismissal, though there are various federal regulations guarding your right to get treatment. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Can I Get The Time Off I Will Need To Go To Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Program An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Several employers provide as much as 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which enables you to take off unpaid time without it influencing your health insurance, in an attempt to look for treatment for a medical issue that gets in the way of your ability to finish tasks related to your work. This covers addiction so it's important to find out what your company offers.
- Leave With Pay Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Programs At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 772 3971 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.