NHS Or Private Facility?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. Within just 24 hours admission can be scheduled. You can get the assess in the private rehab treatment centre, on off the chances that you have enough resources to pay their private charges or you have private medical insurance. In most cases, you're lucky to secure NHS admission to a private rehab clinic.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For NHS Rehab Funding?
Addiction therapy with the NHS funding at community based treatment or private residential rehab that is free at when delivered, should be an option for every UK resident. To qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehabilitation centre you'll possible have to provide evidence that you have tried to get in local community-based treatment options first. Residential admission process could take several weeks to go through pending funding approval by local addiction team to enter NHS residential rehabilitation treatment program.
You can be referred to your nearest drug and alcohol action team by your GP.
Pros And Cons
- Relaxed treatment plan
- Admission Criteria in just 24 hours
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- In the most cases, same staff and same therapist will be with patients during treatment;
- Addicts will be able to concentrate on their recovery thanks to treatment taking place in secure surroundings away from concerns and temptations;
- Strong bonds are formed with therapists and other patients in the therapeutic community;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Additional therapies are often provided like gym and fitness, art therapy, horse riding etc.;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than rehabilitation on the NHS;
- Not included in health insurance cover.
- Free of cost;
- Accessible to everyone;
- It is near to your home, family and local community;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Won't not be referred to private recovery;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- Therapy may be interrupted by life distractions and easily obtainable drugs and alcohol;
- There is a more limited access to personal therapist.
- You may not have the same staff or same therapist during your rehabilitation process;
- Building vibrant outpatient network is difficult but not impossible to achieve;
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
NHS Alternative Cross Border Rehab
Results are not certain and the process of managing admission to a private treatment centre via UK NHS or local dependency services can take multiple weeks. Funding through the EU cross border healthcare directive is however possible to gain a much faster access.
On the Drug Rehab North Yorkshire website, UK based patients who wishes to take advantage of that option can find more information.