What Is Stimulants
Students and athletes frequently make efforts to increase their performance by abusing Stimulants. Recreational use of Stimulants is also not uncommon.
Stimulants improve cognitive function and alertness by stimulating the CNS. Prescription medications or illicit substances such as Cocaine are included under Stimulants. Injection, snorting and oral ingestion are common ways of taking Stimulants.
Get treatment as soon as possible if you're suffering from addiction to Stimulants. Find assistance now- you aren't alone in your venture call 0800 772 3971.
Brands And Prescription Stimulants
Regulated Stimulants are being used by medical practitioners to treat the symptoms of ADHD, narcolepsy and even obesity. Amphetamines and Methylphenidates are the most popular Stimulants. Nevertheless, amphetamines (such as Adderall) and methylphenidates (such as Ritalin) have some molecular differences which has a similar consequence when abused. Depending on how strong the Stimulants is supposed to be or how long it's supposed to last, a person can either be prescribed methylphenidate or amphetamines.
Some of the most well-known prescription Stimulants include
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine is applied for ADHD treatment, it was legalized in 1976 in the market by the US.
- Americans applied the use of the drug first.
- To keep pilots alert during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin was authorized for treatment in hyperactiveness that was seen in little children in 1955.
- This is another variant of the Stimulants called Methylphenidate which is different from Dexedrine and Adderall.
- Amphetamines and Methylphenidates have dissimilar molecular composition, although both have similar Stimulants consequences.
- Concerta - this is another Methylphenidate that just got recently approved in 2000 in comparison to Ritalin.
- Concerta and Ritalin have different power and lasting but both are methylphenidate.
- Desoxyn - This is a methamphetamine that is available by prescription.
- This was first used to treat obesity when it was first introduced in 1947.
- ADHD is also treated using this drug.
- Ephedrine - with effects like other Stimulants, this drug have been used to decrease hunger and to deal with asthma.
- It is frequently available over the counter and is commonly used as an ingredient in clandestine meth labs.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Stimulants Misuse Effects
Classified as Schedule II drugs, these are highly regulated due to their potency for addiction while being used as treatment drugs. The use of Medicated Stimulants is violated monthly by over 900,000 US citizens.
Use of Stimulants can cause
- Decreased appetite
- Excessive talking
- Increased level of energy
The common reason in abusing prescribed Stimulants is to achieve enhanced performance. As a matter of fact, athletes and students have a long history of abusing prescription Stimulants to do better than their peers.
An excess of dopamine, the pleasure-inducing chemical in the brain is produced by Stimulants. The body loses its normal capacity to produce this hormone or neurotransmitter with prolonged use of Stimulants. Stimulants abuse is strengthened by this requirement for dopamine, which can evolve into an addiction as time passes.
Stimulants That Are Prohibited
Cocaine in its various forms and methamphetamine are also Stimulants. The effect of these drugs and those of prescription Stimulants are similar.