The integral first steps in defining an individual's drug treatment plan are the drug detoxification and withdrawal processes. Most of the time, the effects of these substances are what causes the brain to justify sustained intake and even shun good advice; thus, it is only advisable to allow a period of time with no drug use so that the patient can have steady frame of mind.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The idea is to get the individual to start to recognize the addiction and reduce and abolish drug use.
this timeframe in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 on drug detox is noted as a "window of opportunity" for a person with both medical and personal issues to think about further rehabilitation.
SAMHSA defines detox as a series of interventions that are done to control withdrawal symptoms and acute intoxication. Detox, which is a precursor for substance abuse treatment, can last a few days or for a longer period such as months depending on the severity of the addiction among other factors. Futures of Palm Beach can provide you with detoxification expert who can get you into a rehab plan that is specifically created for you as an individual and assist you in treating withdrawal side effects with success. It is highly recommended that you pursue a long-term treatment plan because detox does not solve the emotional, psychological, social, and cognitive problems associated with addiction.
Substance Detoxification Steps
The detoxification is based upon three steps, by the end, should ideally transition the individual into an inpatient or outpatient recovery plan.
- It is paramount that a person receives the correct diagnosis and assessment of the addiction in order for specialists to come up with a treatment plan that will work effectively to achieve the desired results.
- The assessment phase is also useful in diagnosing any co-occurring complications or underlying mental or physical issues that go with the substance abuse, which means that this phase is more than just simple identification of the addiction and its severity.
- Getting stabilized is the process in which the patient begins to withdraw from the substance that they have been using.
- Obtaining a drug-free state needs to be a goal in mind for this stage.
- In order to help with addiction process, medication can be prescribed during this phase, especially if the user has a history of heavy use.
- Real recognition and acknowledging that there is a problem in regards to an addiction is possible once someone has gotten to a state of balance in the mind as well as once stabilization of thought is achieved.
- This lets patients find their role in the procedure and start the recovery program.
- Fostering Entry Into Drug Treatment
- It's stated that several people who complete detoxification don't look for additional treatment for drug abuse/addiction.
- The reason for this might differ from individual to individual, but it's a given that the people who continue with substance-free treatment frequently have better success rates for sobriety.
- Great importance is placed on sticking to sobriety and addiction education.
- As soon as this phase has been completed, the individual can carry on with the centre's substance treatment plan in an outpatient or inpatient environment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Asking for addiction treatment is never late. Get in touch with Futures of Palm Beach if addiction is taking over the lives of people you know or if it is taking over your own.
We provide you a specialized addiction treatment facility and qualified professionals committed to your success. You have the opportunity to consult with a qualified clinician in order to figure out all the options that are available to you in the quest for a drug-free life.